Masterclasses take place yearly at Reykjavík International Film Festival.
• IV International Workshop on Circumpolar Socio-Cultural Issues: a workshop that included the screening of documentaries and fiction films. It was held by the International Association of Circumpolar Social-Cultural Issues (IACSI), The University of Iceland and the Universidad del Salvador.
• Masterclass with Ruben Östlund, the Emerging Master of 2014 who has established himself as one of the most interesting directors in the Nordic countries. He started his career making skiing films in the 1990s. In the past years, he has made award winning films such as Play and Force Majeure.
• Masterclass with Lifetime Achievement awarded and honorary guest Mike Leigh. One of the foremost directors in Britain today discussed his long career. The discussion was led by the veteran film critic Harlan Jacobson, but guests were also free to ask questions.
• The Fine Art of Film Criticism: guests were Peter Debruge from Variety, John Defore from The Hollywood Reporter, Pamela Pianezza from Dazed and Confused. The masterclass was moderatored by Bergsteinn Sigurðsson.
• Book to Movie: a masterclass where authors and filmmakers came together and talked about how books turn into films. Attending directors were Hilmar Oddsson, Guðný Halldórsdóttir, Ágúst Guðmundsson, Baldvin Z, Óskar Þór Axelsson and Ása Hjörleifsdóttir. Attending authors were Einar Már Guðmundsson, Kristín Marja Baldursdóttir, Hallgrímur Helgason, Ólafur Haukur Símonarson, Ingibjörg Reynisdóttir and Silja Hauksdóttir.
• Masterclass with Lukas Moodysson, director from Sweden and recipient of Creative Excellence Awards.
• Masterclass with director Søren Kragh-Jacobsen from Denmark.
• Kickstarting your Movie: attending directors were Simon Klose from Sweden, Ani-Simon Kennedy from the United States and Arnar Sigurðsson from Iceland.
• Masterclass with directors Laurent Cantet from France and James Gray from the United States who both got the Creative Excellence Awards.